For those of you who would like to know what I would love to get in care packages here is a permanent list. Any of these things would be so incredibly welcome and make me so grateful.
- Coffee. Ground. Any kind at all!
- Crystal Light drink mixes to mask the funky salt in my water
- Emergen C packets!
- Quinoa! I am pretty much vegan again in my village, due to the 3 hour ride it takes to get to a grocery store, and the higher cost of meat in Botswana, so I like to cook grains & such with high protein!
- Dried Fruit: peaches, mangoes, apricots, cherries! I love those bag mixes too!
- Ginger chews, dried ginger, ginger candy. Just ginger in general.
- Teas! Earl Grey, Eng Breakfast and herbal teas too! Green teas are my new best friend
- Spices! Cinnamon, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, chipotle, curry!
- Colored Pencils/Markers/Crayons! I like to have PeerLeaders Club make and decorate posters to put in the classrooms!
- Pictures/Postcards from home. I feel like this is the easiest, cheapest request and yet it seems to be the one most looked over. I like to put them on my bare cement walls so it feels more like home. (guilt trip eh?)